Coober Pedy and Surrounding regionsCoober Pedy is an opal mining town located in the Outback of South Australia and is recognized as the largest producer of opal in the world.
Your tour, at your pace!We offer flexible tours to suit all needs. Allowing you to stop to take as many photos as you please, and enjoy the tour at your pace.
Unlimited opportunitiesArid Areas offers many different tours, to some of the most remote and untouched places in Australia. The list of tours is endless, only a few are listed to give you an idea.
Places like no other. So many great photo opportunities, and memories to last a lifetime.
A guaranteed good time!
Your tour at your pace!
Arid Areas tours specialises in customised tours of Coober Pedy and the surrounding regions. Wherever you want to go, and whatever you want to see, we can make it happen.
- The sunset tour with Wayne, through the mining area to the Breakaways, was the highlight of our visit to South Australia. The colours were wonderful and Wayne's knowledge of and enthusiasm for the area added to the pleasure of the experience.
- We booked a day with Wayne, at fairly short notice, to visit Lake Eyre. He picked us up from our hotel promptly at 8.30 and then gave us the best possible day ever. He was chatty, informative and a friend, rather than a tour guide. We saw so much and learned so much; walked on the salt (or was it snow?) at the lake; watched wedge-tailed eagles, kangaroos and a brown snake in the sun, (how did he manage that?); ate a great picnic lunch with a helping of Jo's fabulous cheesecake; travelled over 500kms through gorgeous ever- changing scenery. He dropped us back at the hotel, tired out but absolutely exhilarated. A fantastic trip- don't miss it if you're in Coober Pedy.
- How lucky we were to pick Wayne to drive us out to William Creek. A tue "Aussie" who knows and loves this area.If you are plannig a trip to Coober Pedy, this is the man you should contact.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip with you.
- We have just recently been on The Painted Desert Tour with Wayne, and what an exhilirating experience we had, his knowlege of the area and the courtesy which he treated us with was a pleasant surprise, if thinking of doing this tour you could not go wrong with Wayne as your guide.
Thank you Wayne for a magnificent and memorable day.
- We have been so lucky to have two tours with Wayne in two consecutive years. He is an exceptional tour guide and we would use no other company to show us this spectacular part of outback South Australia.
- Arid Areas Tours was superb. I had been meaning to write this review for quite some time. We used Wayne's company for our summer 2011 trip to Coober Pedy. It was excellent. We saw the landscape in a way that few ever get to witness. Every day was fun and exciting, with excellent commentary, and a guide who seems to truly care about the people he gives tours to.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking to have quite possibly the best experience of their lifetime.
Arid Areas Tours thank you
It was just a great great tour around the painted desert which is absolutely beautiful! I absolutely recommend to go on a tour if you want to see the beautiful side of the Australian desert with it's pretty colors and shapes...the tour guide knows what he's talking about and does his job brilliantly...even a lunch right in the middle of nowhere in the desert is available! what a nice tour guide!!!
I was lucky enough to get to go on a plane trip over lake eyre...which is, if you're able to do it, just wonderful...that landscape view from high in the sky is just a unique way to discover one of Australia's best feature
I recommend this trip if you're over in Coober Pedy...
It's just unforgettable and so amazing!
- Wayne's tour of Lake Eyre was wonderful. He was knowledgeable about everything we encountered, and I asked about EVERYTHING. The pace was leisurely enough that we could take the pictures we wanted, but the tour never dragged. The food was good, and he's the kind of guy you'd invite to your table even if he wasn't your tour guide. He pointed out dingos, foxes, and even caught a bearded dragon for us. We definitely recommend taking a tour with Wayne.
-Nicole and Karl